There are many surgical solutions for improving the size, shape, position, and projection of your breasts. For example, if you are seeking relief from the array of problems caused by overly large, heavy breasts, you may be exploring the benefits of breast reduction surgery. With this procedure, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Stephanie Teotia can provide natural-looking results that significantly improve your overall quality of life.
How Can a Breast Reduction Help You?
Age, weight fluctuations, and the hormonal changes caused by pregnancy and breastfeeding can all affect your breasts’ appearance throughout your lifetime. The goal of a breast reduction is to give you smaller, lighter, and firmer breasts.
Dr. Teotia can surgically reduce your breast size by removing excess tissue, glandular fat, and sagging, stretched-out skin. In the same procedure, she can also reshape and reposition your areolas.
Breast Reduction Candidate Checklist
You could be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery if you are in good physical and mental health, have realistic expectations for your results, and are willing to commit to a sensible nutrition and fitness regimen to stay within your target body weight.
To evaluate whether you are ready for breast reduction, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it too uncomfortable to run and do other high-impact activities because your breasts hurt?
- Have you noticed chronic skin irritation like chafing or rashes between or beneath your breasts, or deep grooves in your shoulders from the pressure of your bra straps?
- Does your self-esteem suffer because of your oversized breasts?
- Do you struggle with poor posture and shoulder, neck, and back pain due to the weight of your breasts?
- Is it hard to shop for bras, bathing suits, and other clothes that are supportive, flattering, and well-fitting?
- Do you have trouble finding a comfortable sleeping position?
- Is a reliable adult available to drive you to and from your surgical appointment and help you around the house while you recover?
Women Helping Women
As a female plastic surgeon, Dr. Teotia understands that your breasts play a central role in your femininity and body image. She believes all women deserve to have a positive attitude about their appearance, and she takes pride in her ability to give you the look you want without making changes that seem overdone. Committing to plastic surgery is a significant decision, one which you should make lightly. Dr. Teotia and her caring, all-female staff will work to help you feel comfortable, explain all your options, and guide you to make choices in your best interest. To learn more about breast reduction in Dallas and surrounding communities such as Flower Mound, Turtle Creek, and Oak Park, please schedule your consultation today.